Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend Warrior?

So I'm starting to wonder if I fit into the weekend warrior athlete description. Usually on Saturday mornings, I'll wake up at 8, eat a good breakfast and jump on the bike to meet the ladies at 9:30 at the shop. Then we go out for a 4+ hour ride and battle through inclement conditions. I usually make it home before it gets dark - but just barely. We've been putting in the serious mileage. It's super fun though and helps us bond as a team. We attempted our first pace line in nasty windy rainy weather - and it blew apart really quickly. Thank goodness Annette was there to get us going again - and we were quickly back to it. I was behind Liz though and she didn't have any fenders so I was seriously sprayed the entire time. By the time we stopped I was caked in mud/road grit from head to toe.

Sunday we went climbing - and my body is getting used to the movements. I'm able to do 4 solid pull ups in a row now. My goal was five - I'm almost there!

Oh - and I can't forget to mention my new shorts! On Saturday Liz had an awesome Christmas party with a white elephant gift exchange. And one lucky person got to take home some nude colored shorts with a penis screened on it. They were awesome! Guess who that lucky person is? Yours truly. Don't forget to wave when you see me on the trail because I'll be saluting!

No comments: