Saturday, January 05, 2013

A Cycling Post!

Oh no she didn't!

Yep, it's true. While doing some expansive personal exploration, I've still managed to ride my bike. Take that back, I've been training.

And today's post is brought to you courtesy of the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, California.





Yep - that's me!

I'm here participating at the para-cycling national team camp. I'm piloting a tandem bicycle with a blind female athlete and getting some piloting experience this week. Of course my long term goal is Rio in 2016, but this is a small step in the right direction! We're targeting 24+ hours on the bike this week... thank goodness for an endless buffet.

Yeah, yeah. I know. I've been keeping this one on the down low. I've been intrigued ever since I first learned of the para program and the want for more female pilots. This past October while watching track nationals from the stands, I approached Craig Griffin and expressed my sincere interest in getting involved. One thing lead to another and well, here I am in Chula Vista. One small step toward my big goal of Rio 2016.

No comments: