Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Taking time

It's important to take time. Time to relax, to regroup, to recenter and just to be. Time to take a deep breath, to soak it all in, and be comfortable in your own skin.

This past week has been perfect. No training schedules, no pressing dinner plans, no agendas or places to be. I had no reason to get up each day other than feeding my belly and listening to music. Talk about a complete recharge of my mental and physical batteries.

It also helped me come to the realization that I am tired. Tired from pushing my body, tired from the constant travel, tired from the season that started in march and threatened to go year round if I didn't do something about it. The looming idea of trying to hold onto peak fitness for another two months weighed heavy on my heart so I made the decision to take some time now.

And a big weight lifted off my shoulders.

It was the right decision. So now, I get to take some time, get back into the gym, start the winter training on the flip side of the solstice (yahoo!!!) and have some serious motivation for the big things to come in 2011.

No comments: