Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Musings

This whole experience is surreal. I mean, who would have thought I'd be traveling the world, armed with bikes, rollers, spandex and other cycling centric things and seeing the world by the speed of my legs? 

Yes, I still have that pinch me, i must be dreaming, sensation.

As I sat upon a set of rollers spinning on my road bike on the fourth floor of our hotel, overlooking the street scene of Cali, a huge smile spread across my face. I am here. A street parade walked down the sidewalk, filling the street full of navidad music that tickled the ears.

We head to the track after a leisure morning of breakfast, late lunch and running across the street to the convenience store. I can't wait to see what the track looks like as it's only been described to me. Bugs, technical transitions, natural light, good atmosphere in the infield, it shouldn't disappoint.

No comments: