Thursday, August 12, 2010

This is one of those weeks where I have to remember - you will feel weaker in order to get stronger. And boy, do I feel weak. The body is being pushed to new limits and I'm holding on for dear life.

I found my true breaking point earlier this week. On the fourth set of pursuit efforts, just after my second 1/2 lap pull, the body and mind decided that enough was enough. And as soon as it did - not a single ounce of remorse, or woulda coulda shoulda's clouded my brain - instead, the extreme desire to pull over, get off my bike and get into the fetal position over whelmed me. It's truly amazing what you can put the human body through in order to make gains.

Here's to working hard and pushing through something that you might not necessarily do otherwise unless you had such big goals....

No comments: