Friday, August 06, 2010

Gym time.

I love my gym. It has lots of open space, it's quiet in the mornings, people are friendly and courteous, and the personal trainers love what they do. They usually play decent music over the intercom (unless they get on the DMB channel) and it's easy to focus on the task at hand: getting stronger.

My morning routine looks silly to most as the dynamic warm up raises a few eyebrows. But I'm generally ignored, which is helpful because often I feel like a complete dork when doing ankle taps, hydrants, and side lunges. And one, and two, and three and four. Watch the following video to see what I'm talking about.



Okay, so maybe it's not that bad. But I think you get the idea.

I love running into this personal trainer named Mike Seilo. He specializes in strength and conditioning for high level athletics. He loves what he does and it reflects in the people he attracts to his program. This morning he had a new female client who he was putting through the ringer with back squats, morning glories, etc. As he was instructing her I overheard him say, "getting stronger is a bitch." Amen, brother. Amen.

No comments: