Saturday, April 12, 2008

I wonder how much more water you should drink when you're skin is sunburned. Yep, first pink skin of the year and I am excited to sport new tan lines. Never mind that my legs are throbbing right now and that I should kick the feet up and relax instead of sitting in front of the puter.

Racing today went well. Once again Suz and Jadine demonstrated their talent is way beyond the rest of the peloton and had a go at 1st and 2nd, respectively. Karen was sitting in the break for about 3 laps, before she popped like a pimple and couldn't continue surging up the hills. The pack reabsorbed her and we ended up sprinting for 3rd.

Annette unfortunately got caught up in a nasty snarl that took out Amara and Christie. Amara cracked her helmet - probably has a mild concussion and Annette dislocated her shoulder and headed to the ER. Christie might have mildly sprained her wrist - only time will tell if it's seriously injured. My thoughts go out to all of you ladies and I wish you a speedy recovery!


Volunteer Park is a fun course - it's not technical at all - but more a test of endurance and the ability to spin up the little hill. Power up it and you pay dearly once you round the corner and hit the false flat. I only figured this out about 1/2 way through the course - and then once I did, I had plenty of power left in the legs to give the final sprint a good run.

Tomorrow brings another Crit - the Brad Lewis memorial. I can't believe it's been two years already since he passed. I miss the guy. I remember the day of the crit two years ago, he told me to position myself well for the final corner and wished me well. Tomorrow I'm definitely racing with him in my thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, it was pretty amusing watching every other lady crank it up that hill while Jen "I'm a track star!" Triplett spun the hell out of her legs lap after lap. That's what I like to see.

JT said...

Hahahaha! That cracks me up! Hopefully they'll pay for it today too....

Wine Gidget said...

you forgot to mention you got 3rd place and won the field sprint!!! Congrats!!!