Monday, January 15, 2007

All signs point to

Global Warming. It's scary, really really scary. Considering New York is typically blanketed in snow this time of year and Seattle usually dangerously close to people committing mass suicide from lack of Vitamin D. And considering our harsh storms - much harsher than I last remember them being - and no signs of this progression easing. It's scary.

If Global Warming is some term you've heard and don't know the definition of or think is some myth - then please rent "Global Warning" by Al Gore. It breaks down the evidence in undeniable facts.

Sorry for the pessimistic look on things - I stayed home today from work in attempt to kick this cold. Maybe I'm a little delirious from no exercise and too much snot - but the harsh reality of our environment is sobering and shouldn't go without mention.

In all seriousness though - I think that's what draws me to bikes. The thought of being 100% self reliant for transportation is completely appealing. It's a vicious cycle I know, considering how much fuel and energy goes into producing, shipping, assembling and maintaining my bike. But if it keeps one less car on the road and inspires one more person to ride instead of drive, well then it's a step in the right direction.

No comments: