Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Tour of the busiest arterials in Seattle

Melanie and I risked life and limb today on our rush hour ride up North. It was a nice and welcomed change of scenery compared to my normal easy routes. We headed up through Greenlake to Shoreline, and then passed Aurora, Lake City and 145th. A lot of lights - but nice once we got on some side streets without heavy traffic.

The legs are feeling pretty tired after Monday and Tuesday's efforts. I woke up this morning and went to the pool with my friend Lin and the legs felt fatigued when kicking. I promptly came home and went back to bed. For some reason my body decided it was excited about swimming in the morning and was ready to rumble at 3:15 am. I couldn't shut my brain off for about an hour. That hasn't happened in a long time. I dreamt about racing, about telling my previous employer what I really thought of them, and then decided to count underhand softball pitches in slow motion to try and get my mind to relax. I slept for another hour to hear the errrrnt errrrnt errrrrnt of the alarm clock. Brutal.

Sushi night tonight - charged up and stoked for the weekend. Did you still need a ride?

No comments: