Thursday, October 04, 2012

Addressing the elephants



Puissant. From the heart. Thought provoking. Inspiring. And a standing ovation.

This morning I took a risk. I got up in front of my Toastmasters group and shared a story about myself, from the heart. I cried. I showed my vulnerability. I connected to every person in that room. And I felt their love.

Wow.

I knocked that one out of the park. I shared with them that I am a widow and that the journey I'm on is hard but through acceptance and growth, I am an amazing and better person. I want to help others. I want to show them the strength inside. The one that grows with time and encouragement. The one that inspires others to be the best they can be. I want the world to know that you have a choice in how to address the elephants in your life.

Every single person in the room stood up and applauded. I'm on the right path. What a wonderful affirmation.

Don't worry - this one is going in the book FOR SURE!

No comments: