Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Uphill tailwinds

Bare with me as jet lag seems to be getting the better of me....

Looking out the airplane window, I shake my head and smile. For the first time in my life, I'm coming home to somewhere other than the Pacific Northwest. Somewhere other than green, gray and wet Seattle. I'm coming home to Colorado, with purple mountains and cloudless sky. To dry air and playful puppies. To a home that feels so right, and not one ounce of remorse or wishful thinking it were somewhere else. Somewhere drier/sunnier/mountainous/etc. I now call this place home and I love it here.

It certainly helps that spring has sprung and the weather has warmed up. All week we've been cloudless and in the low 70s. Arm warmers and knee warmers are left at home. Sunscreen covers all my exposed skin, yet I'm tanner now then in the late summer sun in Seattle.  It's March. My arm hairs are white, my hair blond, my smile permanent.

Never mind that it took me this long to get here. The point is that I am here. And I'm loving every minute of it.


Oh, and uphill tailwinds kick ass too.

No comments: