Thursday, March 15, 2012

The sky is occupied by gray, blue and light yellow as the sun rises over Melbourne. It is green here, humid with the heavy wet air. A small squeeze of the clouds results in a sudden torrent of rain. No wonder this city knows how to make a perfect cup of coffee. It makes the necessity of dodging downpours manic and no, I haven't seen a single umbrella.

The people are beautiful, smiling with their eyes. They dress well too, politely covering their feet and rarely showing excessive skin. Granted, we are in the downtown business district. I am thankful i threw in some sun dresses last minute.

Yesterday we dodged rain showers and explored the formula one track. Benjamin gave me a couple of little kid glances when we heard the unmistakable whine of their engines. It is awesome sharing this with him, seeing it through his eyes and seeing so many fans get giddy too. I am thankful for my upbringing - my daddy was a cadillac car salesman and his appreciation for cars a steady constant in my childhood. We watched porsches zoom by, rally cars and finally one lone Vodapone Mclarin fly by. I wasn't prepared for it's beauty, it's loud engine, the little kid it brought out in me. Why, hello car nerd. I commented to Benjamin that if I was very rich, I would have trouble not buying expensive fast cars....

No comments: