Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Post Camp

Oye. The legs are hurtin' for certain right now. We just completed a long morning ride (3 1/2 hours) with over 3400 feet of elevation gain. The majority of which was done up a little climb called Honey Springs, almost in Mexico. Oye.

I got me a serious and motivated stoker! Together we crushed the previous time I set with Rachael by 5 minutes. Drooling down my face the last 1/4 mile and grunting made that effort that much harder. Not to mention I have a stoker (Shawn Cheshire) who is giving this everything she has and then some. Two strong women on a tandem. A force to be reckoned with.

I'm getting lots of time as a pilot and strengthening my skill set (not to mention the quads) in hopes of making it to the Paralympic Games in Rio 2016. This week provided lots of encouragement, lots of learning and above all, teamwork.

My body is tired. A good tired. One that feels so good. I can only equate it to after a long day of skiing, where you can't stand a moment longer.

No comments: