Monday, February 25, 2013

From Kayak Morning by Roger Rosenblatt

"You have to understand," she said. "Grief lasts forever."
"Like death," I said.

"Like death. Except death is someone else's condition, grief is all yours."

"I feel worse now than I did shortly after she died."

"And you'll feel even worse next year. And worse the year after that, unless you find a way to transform your grief."

"We're back to that."

"We've never left it," she said. "Grief comes to you all at once, so you think it will be over all at once. But it is your guest for a lifetime."

"How should I treat this guest? This unwelcome, uninvited guest?"

"Think of the one who sent it to you," she said.


I help people who want to transform their grief. If you or someone you know is going through a difficult time, trying to make sense in a senseless world, trying to see the opportunity now available for you, please contact me at jennifer@sharp-coaching.com.

No comments: