Friday, February 04, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

The Chinese New Year was yesterday. Sadly, I wouldn't have known had my sister in law not posted that my nephew got a random gift from a woman stating that it was the Chinese New Year and it's considered good luck to give a child a gift. Coleman opened the envelop to find $8 inside. My mom in response posted: Kung Hei Fat Choi! Greetings from and to our Chinese ancestors! Happy Chinese New Year!

Random fact about me: I'm a smidgen part Hawaiian and Chinese. Yep. Totally random. You can see it now, can't you? I know, my scooped incisors give it away, every time.

So, in keeping with rediscovering my Chinese ancestry, I took to the inter-webs and did some scientific Google research. This is the year of the rabbit. And I was born in the year of the horse. If you read my zodiac, many of the traits hold true. A sense of adventure, quick to shift with the winds, a lover of exercise both physically and mentally, and extreme multi-tasker.

Check out this quote, "The Horse's inconsistency stems from his varying moods. He senses nuances that may go unnoticed by everyone else and he modifies his assessments accordingly. In other words, he goes by the feel of things. Don't ask him to explain his hunches and uncanny deductions. He can't. His is the amazing ability to improvise while the game is in progress. Frequently, he will be playing several games at the same time and be more than able to hold his own. Once he makes his swift decision, he does not hesitate on his course of action. You find him either dashing about doing 101 things or flat on his back from sheer exhaustion. More often than most signs, the Horse finds it difficult to unwind and may suffer from insomnia."

But then again, the horse attributes apply to anyone born in 1978. Neigh.

No comments: