Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Green Clean

I could tell something was amiss when Moonli started sneezing. Those who know the Moon-dog are familiar with his sneezes that fling snot up the walls and if you have a pair of nice pants on - forget getting two wearings out of them. If you come out of our house without snot then you didn't get a proper greeting.

But this was different. He wouldn't stop sneezing.

As soon as I left my office, I found out why. The bathrooms all smelled of chemicals.

Years ago, while cleaning the basement toilet in Seattle, I came across an abandoned bottle of toilet bowl cleaner. The moment I squirted it into the bowl, my nose immediately burned and I started sneezing. The same kind of sneezes I just witnessed Moonli having.

So, how bad are household cleaners? And will using them increase your chances of getting cancer? What household cleaners are safe?

You can read more here and here.

Did you know you can clean your home with water, baking soda, white vinegar, club soda, and lemon juice? Yes, I'm getting hippie on you.

For more information and resources on green cleaning, click here.

Do you have any green cleaning tips? Please share!

No comments: