Thursday, November 15, 2007

3 down, 7 to go

It's been a week and a half and I'm already starting to see some results from calorie counting. It took a little time to detox from my steady diet of sweets, but now that it's been a little while, I'm not experiencing the cravings I used to. More than anything I'm learning about my personal nutritional choices and how to make my body perform better.

I've always been a strong proponent for exercising as means to lose and maintain weight. But sometimes you travel in circles when you put in a solid 3 hour ride and then come home to binge on cookies and beer. So exercise isn't the only way to do it- having an awareness of what you're eating helps too. Who knows - this may be the missing link for taking my pedaling to the next level?

Just call me Dr. lab rat. (This picture was just too fitting.)

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hey Jen,

Great picture! I used to use a program on my palm pilot to track excercise and coloric intake. Once I made myself accountable to each morsle I put in my mouth I started putting less of those morsles in my mouth. :)

Good luck, I lost 2 gained 3, guess I need to load that program again.