Tuesday, May 07, 2013

A breather from diving deep...

Reconstructing past painful events is hard work. I'm diving deep into when I first understood Ryan died and the events surrounding it. It's like an injured limb that will never be the same after its trauma. Certain weather agitates it, leaving you achey and remembering what it was like before. Before the loss, before the hurt, before the circle of life. 

Except I know I'm stronger. I know I'm wiser. I know I wouldn't trade what happened to me for any one else's life, but that still doesn't make it any easier at times.

Why do I go there? Especially if it's so painful? Because I know deep in my core that it will help heal me. And even better - it could help someone else going through a similar experience.

So here's to facing your worst fears and turning them into beautiful stories.

No comments: