Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On a side note...

So I'm outside between rain showers, raking up the leaves from my multiple trees in the yard and scattering them on the areas where I plan to plant in the spring. And suddenly, I start getting swarmed by yellow jackets. Thankfully it's cold outside and they're moving sluggishly - but they're still moving and coming right for me. When I finally figure out that I disrupted a nest in the fern on the side of my house, an angry lone bugger stings me in the butt!

In the house I go holding my ass and hoping I don't have to use my epi pen. Who would have thought of getting stung in November? Unless those pests serve a useful part in the local food chain - then they're getting exterminated. Oh well - wishful thinking for trying to spend more time outdoors.

2 comments:

Michelle Stiles said...

On an even more random side note about bee stings... I was in Goodwill this week trying on jackets and got stung by a bee hiding in a sleeve.

OUCH!

I didn't by the cute as could be jacket....

Jacob Venard said...

I was greeted by a yellow jacket sunday morning as I walked out the front door. I was surprised, but not as much as you!